FW: [at-l] knees

-----Original Message-----
From:	thornel@ibm.net <mailto:thornel@ibm.net>  [SMTP:thornel@ibm.net]
<mailto:[SMTP:thornel@ibm.net]>

Bill Thorneloe wrote:

although aspirin, Motrin and similar drugs are helpful to reduce damage.

This is what I think most hikers feel about Vitamin I usage.  This statement
is worded incorrectly, they (the drugs) may increase the damage due to the
lack of feeling in real hiking situations, masking the pain  Exercise is
probably the best preventative medicine there is.  The damage may occur
regardless. I do agree that the ani-inflammatories will help once the pain
sets in...