[at-l] Fwd: Ridgerunner report

This ridgerunner report was posted on the GATC listserve... since the Woods Hole shelter is on the AT, I thought it might be of interest to thru-hikers.

note: forwarded msg attached.

-- BEGIN included message

Fellow GATC'ers,
   Here is the latest trail info from David Via Elaine:

     Dave is reporting the water sources are just fine right now.  He
wasn't sure
about Woods Hole, but would check on that and let me know this weekend.

      I saw Dave Sunday night.  He said there is a very bad bear situation
at the
Hawk Mtn shelter.  He has put in a call to Kykendall about it.  The bear is
not afraid of anything, except flashlights.  He comes right up to the shelter,
puts his front paws in and grabs packs.  Has drug off SEVERAL packs and
demolished them.  Reached up under a tent vestibule and got one when the guy
was inside the tent.  One night, Baxter was raising hell at him and it didn't
even phase him.  He's a BIG one and pretty bold.  Also, the Hawk Mtn and
Springer shelters are infested REALLY BAD with termites.  Dave said you wake
up with saw dust under your sleeping bag.  He said if something isn't done
soon the beams will be hollowed out.

    Thanks it for know folks, updates will come as I receive them.

                                                            Happy Hiking,
                                                            Ernie

-- END included message