[at-l] knees

Ah, just trying to figure out why my knees are older than I am.....
As for keeping your knees warm, that sounds like a real possibility for
reducing problems.  I tend to keep lunches to 40 minutes or less to keep things
from tightening up, and the worst time is if I leave a shelter and hike into a
big descent first thing in the morning without having hiked far enough to get
warmed up.
I just started taking glucosamine sulfate, which is supposed to help
reconstitute cartilage. I've noticed some changes, I haven't been taking it
long enough to know for sure that it isn't just psychosamtic, but my knees do
seem to recover faster after working out. If we manage to get a non-downpouring
weekend and I can get a hike in I'll find out how much it helps...
I've also adopted two walking sticks in the hopes of reducing further damage,
and reducing pack weight too....

Skeeter