[at-l] whisperlight

Well folks, I need a bit of help here.  I brought my Whisperlight with a
shakerjet retrofit out in preperation for my hike on Thursday.  I can get
it to light just fine, but the large cup just under the burners glows red
hot when I have the flame up for even a short time.  I don't thik this is
how it's supposed to work.  I'm worried the cup will soften to the extent
that it will deform and allow the legs to shift while under my cook pot.
Or will it blow up in my face?

Anyone have any similar problem or solutions?  I'd junk the thing for a
bottled gas stove, but I'm leaving in two days and it won't get here by
then, besides I'm too stingy to by an new one if I can fix this one.

Thanks,

Cosmo

Cosmo Catalano, Jr.
Production Manager