Re: [at-l] re: kindness of strangers...

I remember Fitzsimmons Mike.  I came across him at that gravel forest service road
just north of Muskrat.  He seemed clearly _out_ of his element.  And his direct
request for food, although uncool in the true yogi, was so pathetic I complied
generously (even unto my last Twizzler).  He mentioned also that he had run-out of
some critical medicine and so planned to take the blue blaze to Standing Indian
campground, thence to Rainbow Springs.  I wondered whatever happened to the guy, as
he intended to "hike home" to VA. and it was a very wintry Spring in '92.
--PhilW.