Re: [at-l] Pizza ===> Pizza

>I had a great hike......would have loved to give everything up to keep going.
>I did not hear one thru hiker saying anything good about the trail.  Is this
>what I have been missing?  Hiking from one pizza place to another?

Last year I observed (based on Trailplace Journals VS older accounts of
thru-hikes) that the thru-hike experience was less of a personal oddessy
and more of a moving party than it used to be. I still don't have first
hand experience but I continue to read both older accounts and current ones
and I believe you are correct. In the 60s, 70s and even the early 80s
hikers seemed to make fewer town stops and spend less time in town when
they were there according to their written accounts. Perhaps it's just that
they are writing about it more now but I suspect that their actions match
the focus of their writing. Any other opinions?

Saunterer