[at-l] FYI - Live Free or Die

The full quotation is: "Live Free or Die; death is not the
worst of evils." It was issued as a toast by Revolutionary
General John Stark, who distinguished himself at Bennington,
to a 1809 gathering of war veterans.

Jim Owen wrote:

> How many chains can you live with?

It's amazing how many chains a person can tolerate so long as
the chains are heavier on their neighbors.

>                                           As one of my mentors taught
> me - "It's better to live one hour as a lion than a lifetime as a
> jackal".

A voice from a world that most people today can't even begin
to comprehend:

http://www.rit.edu/~exb1874/mine/kipling/kipling.html

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->