Re: [at-l] Casio

> I  have had my eye on the Casio Prt-50k-3av Pathfinder Series watch for
>awhile. The altimeter actually measures to 19,860 feet. Illumination
>feature, stopwatch, barometer, thermometer, waterproof to 100 meters,
>alarm and calendar system.

I'm a skeptic when they put a thermometer in a wrist watch. How can you get
accurate air temperature from an instrument that is in direct contact with
your 98.6 bod? Not only that but if it's cold the watch will likely be
under a long shirt or jacket sleeve. I use cheap ($2.50) key ring
thermometers and attach them to the outside of my pack or a jacket zipper.
I got one as a gift that even has a tiny compass in it. An altimeter and
barometer would be nice but the watches I've seen with those faetures are
*expensive*. My digital Armitron has all the other stuff (time, alarm,
stopwatch, calendar, day of the week, waterproof, illumination for reading
the display after dark) and it only cost $14. If I smash it on a boulder or
lose it, no big deal.

Saunterer

Jim & Diane Bullard
PO Box 5, West Stockholm, NY 13696 USA