[at-l] snake phobia/tarps

Hi all,

I am delurking to introduce myself and ask a question.  I am an
emergencey department RN, section hiker, yada,yada, yada, who has a
phobia about snakes.  I read in "JOSS's" journal that he had seen a
rattlesnake on the trail, then that night set up his new tarp for the
first time.  THEN, he could not sleep because he kept thinking that the
snake was coming to get him.  Has anyone ever awakened under a tarp with
a sleep mate like that?  I did at one time take down my tent and find a
little snake (remember that no snake is little in a phobia!) under the
tent.  I NEED that tent with floor!!

Thanks,

Kathy