[at-l] Final Packed List

Please remember that this is our first time!  *Everything* sounds
Vital and Important...I really tried to pare down, but it seems
impossible...Looking at the list, I still find it amazing that
everything fits inside 2 packs!

Suggestions are welcome!  Does  32# sound too heavy to anyone?  I
realize I'm not going on a thru-hike, but I've really tried to pare!

Here we go:

Me -
32 # Total Weight (without me involved)

**Pack & Essentials**
Pack - REI Valhalla 4329 cu. In.
Sleeping Pad - Full Size Thermarest
Pillow - 1/2 Size(Get off my back! <V.V.B.G.>)
Sleeping Bag - Slumberjack w/ stuff sack
H2O Sack - Platypus II - 2 ltr.

**Clothes in pack
Sock Liners - 1 xtra Pair
Socks - Smartwool - 1 xtra Pair
Cotton Socks - For Sleeping, not hiking!(Get off my back, I won't die
of "Cotton Poisoning!)
Tevas - 1 pair
Hat - 1
Bandana - 1 Blue
Wind Pants - 1 Pair
Hiking Shorts - 1 xtra Pair
Underwear - 1 xtra Pair
Shirt - 1 extra
Wind Shirt - 1
Rain Jacket - 1

**Personal Effects in pack
Toothbrush
Purell
Contact Solution - Travel Size
Chamois - 12" X 12" Quick Drying Square -left over from my days as a
diver
5x7 Notepad & Pen
Paperback

**Shared Weight Carried by Me
Tent - El-Cheapo $40 Lake N Trail
(Until I can afford a nicer one)
Tarp - Standard 6'X9' (Tent has no rainfly)
Sunscreen - 6 oz.
Deet - 4 oz.
Tent Brush - Small
First Aid Kit - REI Hiker
H2O Purifier - MSR Ceramic + Pills
Pack-Out TrashBag
Stove - MSR Whisper Lite Shaker Jet
Fuel - White Gas (Not Jet Fuel or deisel)
Matches
Aluminum Cook Set
Salt, Pepper, Spices (In Film Cannisters)
Nylon Rope - 50'
Duct Tape

**On my Person**
Sock Liners
Socks
Boots - Salomon Fronterra 7's
Shorts
Shirt - Non Cotton
Bandana - Red
Sunglasses
Knife - Swiss Army Version of Leatherman
Map of Area
Compass

Kolleen (Life Partner/Wife)
23# Total Weight (without body)

**Pack & Essentials
Pack - REI Rising Star 3305 cu. In.
Sleeping Pad - Full Size Thermarest
Pillow - 1/2 Size(Get off her back too!)
Sleeping Bag - Slumberjack w/ stuff sack
Compression Straps - For Sleeping Bag to fit in Pack!
H2O Sack - Platypus II - 2 ltr.

**Clothes in Pack
Sock Liners - 1 xtra Pair
Socks - Smartwool - 1 xtra Pair
Cotton Socks - Same reasons
Camp Shoes - 1 pair
Hat - 1
Bandana - 1 Purple
Wind Pants - 1 Pair
Hiking Shorts - 1 Pair
Underwear - 1 xtra Pair
Shirt - 1 Capelline extra
Fleece Pullover
Rain Jacket - 1

**Personal Effects in pack
Toothbrush
Purell
Paperback

**Shared Weight Carried by K.
Flashlight - Small Maglite with head Strap!
Plastic (Lexan) Spoons - 2
Toothpaste
Peppermint Soap
Small SS Mirror
Camera
Extra Film
Mosquito Coils
T.P.
Baby Wipes

Food:
Pita Bread - Many Slices
Cheese - Colby
Pepperoni - Italian
Jerky - Homemade
GORP - Homemade
People Chow - PB/Choc/Chex/Powdered Sugar - Homemade
2 FD Meals - Dinner Sat & Bkfast Sun
Tea
Sugar
Vitamins
Playing Cards

Candles:
me: "Why?"
Her: "Romance"
Me (outloud): "Yeah right, burning tents are *very* romantic!"
Me (In my head): "That's OK, I'll just get a new tent out of the
deal...hehehehehehe"

**On K's Person
Sock Liners
Socks