Re: [at-l] Stoves

DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:

> Flame me as you will (like I could stop it?? LOL) but I say - go for
> the few
> extra ounces, take my Peak 1  with you.  None of those MSR "whatevers"
> come
> close to the stability, the quickness of boiling, or the reliability.

My attitude on equipment is to each their own (though I do recommend
going lighter whenever possible for long hikes - try it, you'll see).  I
think the Whisperlights (and certainly the XGK series) actually beat the
Peak 1 in controlled boil time tests, and I don't agree that the Peak 1
is more stable than the Whisperlight/Dragonfly tripod rig.  As to
reliability, well, I've had a couple of problems in my 10 years/200
nights using the Whisperlight, but nothing I couldn't fix in the field.

- Priest