[at-l] Parasols, and an alternative.

The main thing missing from the discussion about umbrellas ( both this time
and the last ) is reports from people who have actually carried and used
them on the AT.  I don't think we can ever move towards a consensus on this
issue if it's something that we just talk about while sitting at our desks (
although, it does have a certain entertainment value ).

So if there's anyone out there who can bring any real world experience (
preferably on the AT ) into this discussion, PLEASE help save us from
ourselves.  Consider it one of those 'kindness to strangers' things.

Now, to add fuel to the fire, here's a device that looks like it's trying to
fill the same ecological niche as the backpacking umbrella, but may be more
practical:   http://www.packshade.com.  Again, I'd love to hear from anyone
with actual experience with the thing.

Peter