Re: [at-l] I've always relied on the kindness of strangers...

> PS - so as not to demonize myself, I should note that I was using felix
>  and myself as examples, of course, I would probably stop to help most
>  people, but that doesn't invalidate the question - with so many people
>  around to help, is it still a valid criticism to say that "your screw-up
>  will ruin my hike"

What will happen if all those other hikers, stopped to camp for the night,
before they got to the injured hiker. Then he/she dies overnight because you
though some other hiker would come by. Even if you don't know first aid. You
can at lease keep him/her dry and warm. IMO everyone going into the
backcountry should know basic first aid.

You can be doing everything right and still get injuried. If you came across
an injuried hiker, you would stop and help, just as I think everyone on this
list would do.

There is no greater feeling then to save someones life.

Wildbill