[at-l] Welcome to the AT list

"Tony Boselli" <tonyboselli@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I am originally from LAurel MD
>First of all, I am a freshman biology student at UCLA. I love the
>outdoors, I enjoy fishing, backpacking and surfing. I also like flopping
>on the beach and tanning. Scoping the babes and what not. I really have
>never been on the AT. I love being out in the open and would some day
>like to visit Shenandoah Natl. Park and the blue ridge mountains. I also
>like camping. One of my girlfriends is a member of
>Potomac Appalachian Trail Club she is the one that got me interested in
>the AT.
>
>Anyone else here from MD??

Tony -
First - since you have an interest in backpacking and the AT, I'll
extend a public welcome.  The list is a hiker-friendly place and we're
always happy to find others who share our obsession.

Have you done any backpacking in CA?  Ginny (my wife) lived in San
Francisco for a while and did some hiking/backpacking out there.  We've
also hiked in Arizona and Colorado and we're looking forward to more of
that.

To answer your question, there are a number of us on the list from MD
and Virginia.  And a fair number of us are either thruhikers or long
term section hikers so there's a lot of knowledge (and opinions) here if
you want information.

For my part, I tend to talk from a thruhikers viewpoint, so not everyone
relates to what I say sometimes.  But don't let that bother you.  Just
keep in mind that thruhikers are, by definition, crazy.  :-)

Walk softly,
Jim