[at-l] hiker manners

Hi All

Solophile mentioned Trailside Lodge in Sherburne Vermont as a hiker place from
last year. I had heard a little about it but knew very little about them so I
called trailside lodge. As with a lot things in that area it has a new owner.
He had never heard of Thru-hikers until last night when some showed up.
Althought the former hiker quarters were being used for staff housing he gave
them rooms. They had a dog that (or they) made a mess and he is unhappy. He
said he try would figure out a way to help and serve hikers. I told him about
ALDHA, ATC, GMC and Wingfoot. I hope he gets positive feed back if and when he
contacts them and any of the hiking community. When I talked to him his
limited experience with us had not been good. We should all try to set good
examples for other hikers to follow.
Being more positive it sounded as if he might even like to help with shuttles.
His email is      trlside@ sover.net

Remember -------  Play Nice

The Old RidgeRunner
Moscow  Vt