Re: [at-l] Another gear question (we are on a roll ;))

kahley7 wrote:

> If I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy
> lots of Patagonia Capeline...
> and a puffball vest.
> Now someone tell me they aren't as
> wonderful as they seem in my dreams????

Kahley,

I have a Puff Ball. Used it on a November hike on the AT last year. It's
very light and compact but in my opinion, that's where the positive
attributes end. It just didn't provide enough loft to keep me warm. It's
also very expensive. It would be nice for a very narrow temperature
range but that's it. I prefer my fleece jacket, even though it is much
more bulky.

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com