[at-l] -gear- trip report

Well,
As I said yesterday, I stopped at Campmor last night.  Not looking for
anything in particular, but a few things did peak my interest.

MSR Firefly Stove - It looked nice & they claim that is has no flare ups no
matter what fuel it uses.  But, anyone out there have any experience with
this stove that can post their experiences?  Is it woth the $20-$30 extra
when comparing it to the wisperlight internationional?

Hammocks - Couldn't find a replacement for my little 1 person number that
finally deteriorated after years of use.  Anyone know where I can find one
of these?  Just a plain old hammock witout supports that rolls up to the
size of a baseball or softball.  Great for those afternoon siestas (or
going really light)

Backpacks - Just starting to think about a bag in the 3500-4000+cu range.
Tried on a few.  Really liked the fit of some of the Arc'teryx packs (Bora
60 & 70).  Any other packs I should keep an eye out for?

Unfortunately the clearance racks we pretty dry yesterday.  Picked up a few
other things including one of the new Powerbars -- I liked it a lot better
than the original style, but I still need a half gallon of water to wash
down one of these.

Oh well....this should give you folks enough to talk about....

-Chris Casciano
christopher.casciano@prudential.com
http://www.rit.edu/~cac6982/
http://mhz.njit.edu/~cac6982/ <-- HikeNJ ...maybe if it rains this