[at-l] Speaking of pillows...what about....

Ok...get ready to laugh.  I tried to talk to the Redhead about this but she
was laughing so hard she dropped the phone (I could hear her rolling on the
floor gasping...I almost called 911 ).  But here goes...

Since I will be carrying a very light pack, with the Redhead carrying the
tent, stove etc...I figure I can afford to carry a few little amenities that
might make our thru hike a lot more enjoyable.  So I thought...what is one
thing that will really bother me out there?  The answer was immediate...being
dirty.  Now, knowing I'm not experienced enough to come up with any original
ideas, I figured someone else must have come up with a solution to this
problem.  So I looked in the Campmor catalog and, low and behold, there it
was............A shower.

(go ahead and laugh now....get it out of your system and then read on.)

It may sound silly but the little sun-shower only weighs 11oz and heats up in
just a few hours in the sun.  Then there is the Super sun-shower that weighs
14oz and provides 14 minutes of non-stop showering...as they laugh at me I'm
pretty sure The Redhead and Morning Dove will take advantage of this.  <g>.
Too bad the enclosure weighs 3lbs 8oz or I would take that and we would think
we were at the Holiday Inn.  As it is we will have to content ourselves with
showering behind a tree or wearing some clothes.  (and of course I understand
we could only shower when we were close to a good water source.)

By the way, the small one only cost $12.99, the super one only $15.99.

So there you have it...now that some people have confessed to packing pillows,
what about these little showers??  Any secret Frosted Flake eaters out there
who also sneak a shower along the trail??   Is this just totally amusing or am
I on to something here?  Redhead says any other hikers that want to try these
showers out only have to wait along the trail somewhere in Georgia for me to
abandon mine. :)

Patty
Tn > Aug 98
Ga > Me 00