[at-l] Topics that have been beaten into the earth.

At 9:42 AM -0400 6/9/98, xxxx wrote:
>> ----------

----------------

YYYY the person might be new to these forums and not had the benefit
of all that prior great shared wisdom and its especially true if it's their
first post.  They may not have the benefit of our sage  :)

To help new members that want to talk about another beat up old dog,
cell phones, I am going to make up a page with the points people make as I
don't want a flame war on that old dog...

One always has the problem, if we discussed something a month ago, a year ago,
what is an allowable time frame for new members that have not seen the prior
saga, discuss that topic on a forum that they have even seen? Who defines the
boredom level and the time frame of the boredom ??

The old members would might be bored by the topic but since it was so
controversial and the new members haven't see it, when are they allow to
discuss the topic?  Does Ryan put up a page with allowable restart of
a beaten down dog?

I must confess, I haven't a clue on that one. I guess do we divert them
to some history digest they can read?  and when is history outdated for
new ideas?

Forums are not easy, it's like you just got done talking with the people about
something on the trail, and a hiker arrives and says hey did you guys and gals
see that ...  And we say, yea.. sit down, we already talked that to death and
just to let you know the snorers are to sleep on the left side of the shelter
or right out the front door.  ( Oops no doors ? and I forget the number of
side )

Also for your information, we made our cell phone calls during our 5 minute
time allotment, so if you take that cell phone out of your holster, I'll
spray ya with my
citrinola (sp)...

That's all a poor joke sorry... but what is a suggestion on new members
entering a forum, and putting up a subject ...

Let's see:

OK  blah, blah, blah ... we already talked that one to death..

Hmmm, maybe that is a great answer after all...  :)

-tom