[at-l] MountainRoamer & OuttaChocolate and others I met

Hi Gang,

	Teresa, Daniel and Liddy said to say Hi to everyone on the listserve.
They are all having a great time.
	I spent a few days with Chocolate and Roamer and also talked to Orkney
(Liddy) who is just a little ahead of them. Liddy has joined up with the
Iron Kids (2 kids and 2 women) one of them a former Thru hiker. She is
having the best time and is in great spirits.
	Teresa and Daniel seem to be having a better time than anyone else I
have met on the AT. Their outlook on life together with growing up
spending a lot of time outdoors has made this a fun play in the woods
for them. Sunday they did a short day so Chocolate could work on
catching up the journal. Monday they broke the 300 miles walked goal,
and they did it with their first 20 miler! They seem to breeze right by
many of the hikers that have been on the trail twice as long.  (Woodelf
is sending me messages on the other pc saying "please use spell check")
Owens look for a post card...I'll mail it tomorrow morning.:-)
	I met a lot of other hikers and will list the names I can recall. I met
some very nice people out there. Everyone seems to be very much for hike
your own hike. They could care less if there fellow shelter mates yellow
blazed, blue blazed, slackpacked etc. We had lots of laughs about people
sitting at home talking about how the trail should be hiked. I give many
hikers a ride to one or more towns, yellow blazed some gave fresh fruit
or beer to others. I really had a lot of fun. It is really a diverse
group hiking. Some I think may sit records for the lest amount of miles
actually walked on a Thru-Hike.

Here are the names I remember (posted by permission)

Model-T  on his 3rd thru hike
Guided by Voices
30 seconds
Lemmon Drop
TownsMan  He hikes into every town to explore local history
Cornbread and 2 others I cant recall
Frick
Frack
Hammer
Kodiac
Iron Kids (4)
Woody
There are several other faces but I don't remember names

chase

Charles W. Davidson (WB4PAN)
Axton, Virginia
http://www.mindspring.com/~wb4pan