[at-l] Anybody else hike this weekend?

Yes, I went on a backpack to the Cohuttas with the GATC.  We hiked in
Penitentiary Trail to a campsite at Penitentiary Branch...did and did
some fishing before dinner.  The next day, we day hiked up to Jacks
River Falls and back...then we picked up our packs and went back to
Dally Gap on Jacks River Trail...we encountered some terrific
blowdowns on the way out that took at least an hour to get around (if
we hadn't been so far into the hike, it would have been better to go
back)...I had hiked the other half of the Jacks River Trail about 10
years ago - but I liked this half much better  (- the blowdowns)...
The trees were really magnificent - you pass two of the largest
hemlocks in the state on this trail.  And, the river is always fun (22
river crossings make for a very interesting day).  The weather was
marginal Saturday and cold Sat night (I almost froze in my fleece
blanket... I'll take my sleeping bag next time)... but Sunday more
than made up for it....didn't get off the trail head till 8:30pm
because of the blowdowns - but otherwise a long, wonderful weekend....

Enjoyed reading about Highlander's trip to Mt. LeConte...I've climbed
it twice and never had a view at  the top (you just have to go for
other reasons, I guess)...