Re: [at-l] camera stuff

> 2) I was thinking that I'd like to turn my fine hiking poles (Grivel Mont
>  Blanc, got 'em through Climb High, look like the standard Leki deal) into
>  a monopod mount like some brands have.  There is a screw recessed in the
>  handle, I don't know the size offhand, but it looks like a pretty typical
>  size.  Is there a way to get a screw that will screw into that but have a
>  tripod guage mount on top, or something that can mate the two

If this screw is like the Leki poles. It is an Adj. screw for the hand straps.

 <A HREF="http://www.campmor.com/packs/camera.accessories.html">Camera
Accessories</A>
Check out the Ultrapod, Wt. 2 oz., $8.99 or the Ultrapod II, Wt. 4.2 oz.,
$13.99.
Both of these camera tripods are lightweight and fully adjustable. An attached
VelcroŽ strap allows you to attach both the Ultrapod & Ultrapod II to a tree,
staff or ski pole for added versatility.

If SunDog is out of business REI has alot of their products.
Below are address I came up with by searching the online yellow pages.

Sun Dog
(425)251-8410
6700 S Glacier St
Tukwila, WA 98188-4719