Re: [at-l] Pack size in cubic inches

<<
 OK everyone. Help! I'm 5'2. Internal or External? I only want to
 carry what I need. Don't care about extras. ANY suggestions?
 I live fairly close to LLBean, EMS and the Kittery trading post. I
 went to a couple of these places and was so overwhelmed at the
 choices I just left.

 Morning Dove
 GA>ME 00  : )( : >>

This sounds like me...and I want my own pack real bad.  I am going to have the
luxury of trying both kind on the trail....Next week end The redhead and my
grandson are hiking with me...so he will carrry external and I will carry
internal....then we will switch off so I get to try both of Toney's packs.
Now I am very tall so his should be the right size for me.  Most outfitters
rent packs...maybe you could try both before making up your mind.  I get the
impression from reading the journals that your pack and your boots are the
real critical issues....makes the difference between enjoying or just enduring
your hike.

Patty
Tn > Aug 98
Ga > Me 00