[at-l] Re: Sleeping bag

Felix wrote:

> ATML--A place to discuss AT issues with friends in friendship!
>
> Thanks to all who responded to my Blue Kazoo question. I ordered a
> Campmor 20* down bag. It was 20 bucks cheaper, 8 oz. lighter, and I
> really like my other Campmor bag. Does anyone know what zipping a 20* bag
> and a -10* will do to the temp rating?

i don't know about the two different temp bags, but on a x-country trip,
my boyfriend and i often zipped together two 20 degree bags (this was in
november... brrr). i found it really messes up the temp rating... it was
probably a good 10-15 degrees off. if its really cold, keep in your own
bag. it's really hard to heat up all the extra space when they're zipped
together, plus the hoods and the zipper really get annoying.

-diana

--
 coming soon: http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~raven