Re: [at-l] food drying

Yup it works for me too, but I've discovered that dried fruit is more
palatable and far less expensive when you purchase it at Walmart or your
local grocery story.  Dried meats, on the other hand, are cheaper to
dehydrate yourself.

If you have to be a purist about food (i.e. insecticides, etc.), be mindful
that the sprays used for commercially grown fruit are designed not to be
washed off.  You can wash an apple or grapes for very long periods, and
you'll still have a residue.  I would strongly recommend sticking to fruits
that can be peeled, then dehydrating.  Of course, then you'll have to worry
about what was put in the soil to make them grow, etc. etc.  You can't
escape, but you can minimize.

"Time-Maker" - Ern Grover
www.tick-tock.com

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the
shoulders of giants."        - Isaac Newton