Re: [at-l] Fwd: eyewear

Tick-Tock,

telling me  that UV exposure can contribute to cataracts over time.  This
is likely to show up when you get older (say over 50).  I seem to recall
this because he diagnosed a microscopic cataract in each of my eyes and I
am turning 51 later this month.

Extended exposure to UV over time harms just about everything, skins,
fabric, eyes, etc.  Back in years gone by, most people didn't have to
worry about their eyesight (or anything else) past age 50, but today 50
is just mid-life, so effects of UV, chemicals, etc. etc. get a change to
have a bigger impact instead of being lost in the noise of more directly
obvious effects of infections, famine, war.

Hmm,. off on a tangential thought, I wonder what the long term effects of
junk-mail and vacuous e-mail postings will be to our collective psyche?
---terry---