Re: [at-l] Fwd: eyewear

Just to add something to this thread, would anyone wish to add comments to
the primary reason the eyes should be protected from UV?

A lady just left my office after picking up some work.  She just finished
her career (involuntarily) as an OR Tech at the hospital because of poor
vision problems.  Being on 51, she is devestated at the slim prospects of
regaining good vision because of her earlier years walking the beaches and
countryside without eye protection.  It was sad to see her using a
magnifying glass to write a check and having to be taxied around by
friends.  Aside from cataracts that have developed, she has floaters, and
detached retinas.

I hate wearing glasses, sunglasses, or anything that I don't need to, but
I'd also hate to face the prospect of losing part of all of my eyesight.
I'm not especially keen on joining the ranks of Bill Erwin, as
inspirational his walk has been to each of us.

"Time-Maker" - Ern Grover
www.tick-tock.com

Did you know?  "Average number of days a West German goes without washing
his underwear: 7"

http://www.hack.net/lists *