Re: [at-l] blanket vs sleeping bag

Hi Jim,
My son (now 10) and I have used a blanket in the summer for several years
with no ill effects :-) We use close cell foam pads with a fleece blanket
covering and a light weight comforter on top of us. The fleece blanket is
more comfortable than laying on the pads and gives us an extra layer on
top if we need it. We've never gotten cold with this arrangement, total
weight with out pads is only 2.5 lb. The blankets double as "coats" if
it's cool and  we sit around after dark.

woodelf

P.S. We share the two blankets, if you have a cover hog, you may need
three :)