[at-l] Re: ATML Section hike

In a message dated 98-06-02 11:19:33 EDT, jpm2729@LXE.com writes:

<< uestion: has anyone ever felt queasy for a few days after a hike? All
 day sunday and monday I felt like I was about to throw up but was still
 hungry and able to eat plenty. I was afraid I had gotten Giardia but I
 don't think it works that quickly does it? I am still feeling it a
 little today but reduced intensity. Could this be from the heat >>

Jim,

I hike every weekend and every weekend I say the same thing.  Why do I start
off like I have never been hiking before?  I would like to work out during the
week, but I really have other things to do because I am hiking over the
weekends lol.  Day hikes ARE getting better now.  However, when I go out for
the entire weekend, I come back lethargic for a couple of days.  I have been
blaming it on having to come back to the real world.  It helps to start
planning next weekends hike right away and gaze at the maps and visualize
myself there.

I have been lousy company this week after a wonderful hike on Saturday and
knowing I am gonna be out for 8 days next week!

Am already am working on my hike for the weekend of June 20 and 21st.  Would
love to close up a gap I have in Central Virginia.  Want to have a nice a
short mileage weekend of doing the 10 miles between Reeds Gap and Humpback
Rocks with campout somewhere in between Saturday night.  Anyone like to join
me?

          choovers