[at-l] Tents

Does anyone have some advice on a 2-man tent for under $250.00

I'm looking to upgrade from my current el-cheapo model and would like to
hear other's advice!
Also, does anyone have any opinions regard
Some models in contention (mainly because I've heard of them and can buy
them locally):

*Kelty Vortex 2
*Mountain Hardwear Laser
*REI Nitelite

Also, does anyone have any opinions regarding "private label" gear a-la REI
or Gander Mountain?
My wife bought a couple of sleeping bags (on a whim) that had the Gander
Mountain label on the side of the box.  Much to my surprise (happily), the
tags on the bags were from Slumberjack.  Come to find out, the same bags
were sold locally for $20 more than we paid!  My question is this:  Was
this an exeption to the rule or the rule of thumb when it comes to
private-label stock?  Anyone have any other experiences with this?

Regards,
Rich