Re: [at-l] eyewear

In a message dated 98-06-02 10:58:18 EDT, WHHAWKINS@aol.com writes:

<< If you need glasses, use a neck cord, and keep them in a hard case when you
 are not wearing them. Either carry a spare pair or have them in a mail ahead
 box. >>
Good advice. I wear disposable contacts while hiking. Positives--->I see
better with them, they don't fall off when you fall down, fog up or get rained
on. Negatives---> I need to carry re-wetting drops/ saline solution, a spare
pair, and handi-wipes to really clean my hands well if I need to handle the
lenses. Trouble I've had---> Blinked one lens out in a freezing rain storm.
Had a spider web across one lens one time that wouldn't wash off.
Disclaimer---> I only backpack for 7-10 days max nowadays, so YMMV!
 TJ