Re: [at-l] Walrus Archrival tent

----------
> From: AT-L Guest Post <guest@saffron.hack.net>
> To: milt@iqsc.com
> Subject: [at-l] Walrus Archrival tent
> Date: Monday, June 01, 1998 5:00 AM
>
> * Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
> * by our guest Fred Engel <legnef@mindspring.com>.
> * Please use <legnef@mindspring.com> to reply to the sender.
>
> I am in the market for a light weight (under4 LB.) 3 season tent for
backpacking, single person use,in the Southeast mainly Georgia. Trips will
be weekends  and exteneded sometimes up to 4 days max. I need some room,
ventillation and ease of set up.

> I have weighed the Clip Flashlight and Walrus Arch rival
(tent,fly,poles)and they both weigh witin 1 ounce. It appears the Archrival
is roomier,better ventillated and with the pole sleeves can be set up in
the rain with the fly pre-attrached.  the only draw back may the awkward
entrance.

> Does anyone have any experience or reccomendations regarding the
Archrival, flashlight or another light tent?

I have the Walrus Archrival tent....I used it a couple of times....once for
overnight camping..it rained, and once on the AT for 40 miles...used one
night...it rained...we were in the tent for 12 hours while it rained...it
did really really well. It was a bit tight for two people though. For one
person it would be great..you could even fit your gear inside with no
problem. It was really easy to set up and take down (in the rain) I also
have that same one for sale. I am going to use a hammock, bug net and tarp
combo on my thru hike. If you are interested in purchasing mine let me
know. KC

http://www.hack.net/lists *