[at-l] Water Bag

Hi All

Felix asked about drying his water bag.  Last year I used a 2 1/2 gallon  bag
and had no problems hiking 750 miles. Since I use clorox to treat my water I
used a stonger mix to clean the bag and then just hung the bag with
spout/stopper off. I usually drained the bag on the trail and put in my pack.
I only cleaned it if I had had questionable water in it or if I hadn't used it
for several days.
 This year for 350 miles I used the new nalgene soft (platapus type) 96 ounce
bottle for camp water. Both years I carried one 16oz and one 32oz nalgene
bottles for trail water. I like the large mouth bottles. Both years but
particularly this year I noticed a lot of hikers with the mylar liners from
the wine boxes. Claims were they would last several weeks to months and
getting replacements made for a pleasant evening with fellow hikers.
For those who may be wondering I use about 3 drops of clorox per liter and
don't carry a filter. I got a one ounce medicine bottle with eye dropper from
the drug store and would estimate one bottle will last 4 to 6 months

The Old RidgeRunner