Re: [at-l] Re: Huh?

At 08:55 PM 5/28/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Wait a minute, and go slow for me here.  People are okay to criticize a
person
>who at most has crafted a business that enables others to get more enjoyment
>of and hike a safer and better prepared hike (I am speaking of the slack pack
>tour and not the  authors who have put out various guide and advise books
>about the trail),

This is interesting! Exactly why would it be okay to make money writing
books which help hikers but not okay to provide person-to-person help for
$$$? Aren't both "making money from the trail?

>without  that person asking for such opinion, but NOT ok to
>give honest feedback to someone who asked what people thought about an
>intended trip that would place the person away from an infant child for the
>length of a thru hike?  I think that there is a major problem there.

The problem is not in honest opinion but in personal condemnation. No one
asked for that.

Saunterer

Jim & Diane Bullard
PO Box 5, West Stockholm, NY 13696 USA