[at-l] quote guesses

Well, I guess I'll give it away, the "lies, damn lies, statistics" quote
was used on At-L a year and 1/2 ago by Richard Lubitz, when we were
discussing the relative dangers of outdoor activities, such as  hiking and
climbing, I believe in response to an alarmist article about bike
accidents.  Gold star to anybody who was around and remembers that one!

jeff

PS - for nostalga you can see Richard's post at
http://www.hack.net/lists/at-l/msg00004.html thanks to Milt and Ryan!

Jeffrey Mosenkis           MAPSS Student            University of Chicago

                     j-mosenkis@uchicago.edu

"The Blues isn't about feeling better, it's about making other people feel
worse"  - 'Bleeding Gums' Murphy