Re: [at-l] Question about Mail Drops

I'm sure you will get a lot of advice on mail drops.  Here is my 2 cents worth
(if it's
even worth that much, since it's all from videos and books).
Many people lay out all the mail drops ahead of time and purchase/dehydrate
lots of the food
ahead of time in bulk quantities.  They pack the boxes, but leave the lids
open so
other items can be added later and they leave a note in each box telling
what's in the box &
when it should be mailed & to where (so they will get to the town a little
before you get there).

Of course after you get on the trail, your schedule will change and you will
get sick of some of
the  food you bought tons of (oh well), and will not need a lot of the stuff
you thought you couldn't
do without.

This is one area I where I would listen closely to the advice of thruhikers.

Russ

PS. Don't forget to take my picture with you (it's lightweigt & makes a mighty
fine bug repellant).