Re: [at-l]Silly Question about: Trail Angels

In a message dated 98-05-28 12:08:38 EDT, rambleon@email.unc.edu writes:

>  A thru-hike on the AT is a gruelling physical and mental
>  challenge. It is also a thing of undescribeable beauty. I don't find much
> beauty or
>  challenge in going to the mall. Does anyone else?

That has to be one of the sanest posts I've read lately ;).  About trail
magic, trail angels, and everything else.  Whoever brought it up earlier had
it right also (Mike, i think) who said we get a warped (my words, I don't have
the post handy) perception because of things like this list, technology, etc
whic allows incidents/news/gossip to travel faster (I LOVE this list - I'm not
saying its bad)  But if you go back and read his post, and put this one with
it - it really puts things in perspective.  Thanks for helping with that.
Maybe we could all use a little perspective right now.

The Redhead
Ga > Me 00