Re: [at-l] hello

OK, one more time....

Choovers, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and please don't
share all the private email with the rest of us.  But the point that perhaps
you are missing is that you aren't living Red's life.  Or that of her
child.

>I am not accusing anyone of anything.  I just think that children have a
>higher priority than hiking.  I wish I could share with you all the private e-
>mail I am getting in agreement.
>
>           choovers

It's great that people agree with you, however this is not a forum where we
put these things up to a vote and let the majority rule.  Red asked for
opinions, got them and has decided on her course.  None of us has a place
in this decision.  I believe she and all of us have heard you.  Your
opinion along with others has been duly considered, weighed, thought
through.  Stated as you have stated it, of course no one would disagree
that children are a higher priority than hiking.

But the equation is not that simple.  This is a quest for Patty and Red,
a mother and her child.  Whatever issues you may have on this topic, none
of us has any right to prioritize for them what is more important, and how
to balance both priorities.  It's not like she is leaving her kids in a
ditch somewhere to go party.  You do realize that it will be no picnic for
Red to leave her children either, right?

I may be all wrong here and Patty and Red, sorry if I am, but it seems to me
that Red is facing possibly limited time with Patty.  They want to do a
mother-daughter adventure, and savor the time and ability to do this.
Red has a lifetime to look forward to with her children, and many other
adventures with them.

So please let's stop this and leave them be.  There is no absolute right or
wrong.  They will hike if they need to.  All this discussion just has to be
wearing on both of them, but I don't think it will make them change their
minds, it will only be a burden.  If that is what you are after, then
continue, but sometimes the only course left to us is to let go and move
on.

Sharon

Sharon Sharpe
Head Athletic Trainer