Re: [at-l] Re: ATML Pets on a long hike.

At 03:32 PM 5/26/98 EDT, you wrote:
>    It's true what Kahley said about Baxter State Park, no pets allowed. Bill
>Irwin's Orient was an given exception, according to Bill.
Guide dogs are legally allowed almost anywhere their owner goes including
restaurants, stores, and other public places. They are not considered to be
pets but rather an extension of their owner because they act as their
owner's eyes. A Post Office near me has a sign on the door that says "NO
DOGS ALLOWED - Guide Dogs Excepted". Being easily amused, I wonder who is
meant to read the sign, the guide dog or the blind man?

Saunterer