[at-l] Re: first aid kit revisions

Rhymi girl wrote:  << I have compiled a list of stuff to put in the
first-aid/hygiene/other kit, and now I need advice on what to drop, what
items contradict each other >>

When I left Springer in March of 97 I was prepared for any medical/hygienic
emergency.  If and when I get back to the trail, this is what I'll take:

PILLS/TABLETS
Ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory)
multi-vitamins
iodine tabs + neutralizer (i.e., vitamin C)

HYGIENE
toothpaste
toothbrush
small comb
scissors & nail clippers (the clippers in a "drift box")
campsuds (used for cleaning cook pot, taking shower, washing hair, etc.)
(I might send sample size shampoo in drift box, but wouldn't carry it on the
trail.)
A few individual packets of hand wipes

FIRST AID
neosporin (the small sample-size packet)
moleskin
couple of bandaids
alcohol for foot rubs

MISC
duct tape
butane lighter

I carried an epinephran (sp?) kit which consists of a pre-filled syringe &
benadryl tabs; I guess if you ever get a violent allergic reaction it could
save your life.  But since I didn't need it in 3-1/2 months, I doubt if I'll
carry it the next time.  Also, I carried a travel size pack of moistened
towels (Wet Ones).  I used these in lieu of toilet paper (of course, packing
it out), and they make a refreshing clean up after a long day on the trail.
You can "wash" with one of these, change into clean underwear, and feel like a
trail princess!  (Needless to say, Friar Tuck removed these from my pack, but
I snuck them back in when he was asleep)

Gypsy