[at-l] Shakedown hike

Hi y'all.

I'd like to use a 40-50 mile section of the AT for my shakedown hike which
I will be doing this summer, and I'd like that section of trail to be
between Rockfish Gap, VA and Delaware Water Gap, PA.  It would be nice if I
ran into some thru-hikers, so if anyone wants to suggest timing along with
the section, that would be good too.

I was seriously considering doing Maryland, but after reading the recent
reports of troubles with locals at shelters in Maryland, I'm not sure this
would be a good introduction to the AT.  Also, Charles Danforth's trip
report indicates that road noise is a real thing in Maryland.

Anyone have a favorite stretch that might suit my needs?  I'll be using a
tent, so poshness of shelters is not a factor (I'm a bug magnet).  For
further reference, I'm a solo hiker.

-Nicole

thatgirl@astrogirl.com  http://www.astrogirl.com
nrm@bellandwhistle.com  http://www.bellandwhistle.com