[at-l] Re: ATML Pets on a long hike.

In a message dated 98-05-26 11:00:50 EDT, KATAHDlN@aol.com writes:

<< I would like to have my dog with me at times on my hike next year. What
parts
 of the trail would thru-hikers recomend skipping with her? >>
    Speaking for New England, I'd say:
    Mahoosuc Notch, the Presidentals, the Whites, and the "100 mile
wilderness".
    It's true what Kahley said about Baxter State Park, no pets allowed. Bill
Irwin's Orient was an given exception, according to Bill.
    Micah's person Solophile made a successful thru-hike last season, and
undoubtedly knows much more about this topic than anyone I can think of. ( and
certainly more than I do! ) Her journal was up last year...   is it still on-
line?
    TJ