Fw: [at-l] paddler's tent

Cosmo wrote:
> Paddler--
>         What kind of tent to you have that you keep the ground cloth on the
> inside?  I have  a Clip Flashlight, and always the rain dripping off the
> fly onto the tent's sides near the bottom manages to seep between my
> exterior ground cloth and the underside of the tent, even though the ground
> cloth is cut smaller than the tent footprint.  I think the drops cling to
> the underside of the tent rather than dripping off.
>
> I think I'll try the interior groundcloth idea next time out.  Do you us a
> poly sheet or a nylon tarp?

Cosmo,
I carried a Clip Flashlight last year for my thru-hike and used a set-up similar to
the one Paddler describes. I use a tarp that is nylon and has the "emergency
blanket" heat-reflecting material on one side. I put that on the inside of my tent
and use a Flashlight footprint for the ground cloth. I never once got wet inside my
tent. I don't know the dimensions of the tarp, but i'd be happy to measure it and
report back if you are interested.

-Rambleon-
rambleon@email.unc.edu