Re: [at-l] gear list

Jim, you're cheating!  You know we need muuuch
more details than this!  <g>

One question...six water bottles?
What size and what kind.  I just have to but in a good
word for Pepsi 1 liter bottles.  I've been using them for
years...the same ones!!  And boy do they take a beating.
In everyday life, it's my habit to fill them 3/4 with water
and pop them in the freezer.  Everytime i leave the house,
I grab one for on the road.  So some of them have probably
gone through the freeze-thaw cycle a hundred times.
Just last week, during the hot spell, I was waiting for someone
in my car.  The bottle hadn't had time to melt much, so I
set it on the roof of my van to warm up in the sun.  Of course,
I forgot to pull it back in and put the van in gear.  The bottle,
stil lsolidly frozen, fell from a height of 5ft.+ and smacked onto
the concrete.  I was sure i had finally done one in.  But nope..
no leaks.
Disclaimer...all my bottles are years old.  I have noticed that
Pepsi has changed the bottle style, which may change the
reliability.  So try this at home <g>

Other than that, I think you should have a little flashlight for your son
a whistle each and some sunscreen in case you get lazy and
sprawl on a bald <g>.  Also, a bic to back up the matches.

Have fun!!!  And save my sanity....post trip reports!