Re: [at-l] A bag question

<<  It is high quality down, and I keep it dry. >>

Forgive me for asking - but just how do you do that?  Especially when it rains
for three weeks at a time?  Assuming your tent keeps everything dry, what
about when you are hiking?  Does a garbage bag really do that for you? Or a
stuff sack?  My experience with down was bad.  A week of raining, taking every
possible precaution, the bag still got wet.  And stayed wet.  yuck.  Cold.
Wet.  I realize it was just my own particular experience - but I have never
had a blister with my boots - therefore, I love them, and will buy the same
boot when these wear out.  My pack is wonderful, and I'll take it on a thru
hike - so I love my pack, it has kept me comfortable at whatever weight I am
carrying.  Bags - well, I'll never carry a down bag again.  Period.  I am open
to suggestions on the fill type of other bags - but NO down :)   I may be
stubborn on this point ( and I do NOT want to start another war, even
concerning down and other fills) but its just me.  I am willing to try other
type bags cause I'm not totally happy with my current one.  (but am SURE I
don't want down.)  Mom can make her own choices and conclusions - but I
already know what I *don't* want in this regard.

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00