[at-l] Camping advice needed

Sorry to cross-post, but I need an answer quick. What is the camping/
water situation where the trail crosses VA 603, 2 miles after Old
Orchard Shelter. I am section hiking from Elk Garden to Groseclose
and since there is no water from Trimpi to the MRNRA HQ I want to
cut my miles down on my second day. The map shows a "horse camp" there
at the crossing. Can I get water from the next stream, just before
Chestnut Flats? Are there any good camping sites? I can always boil water
from the stream. Thanks,

                                . Gary from Fairfax .