[at-l] two day'r

To those of you who suggested Tinker Cliffs area near Roanoke a few months
back, a great big THANK YOU!!
	Flew down from upstate NY and spent Sun/Mon May 3/4 out on the trail.
This was my first o/night on the AT as all of my o/night adventures have
been in the Adirondacks.  My partner was my brother-in-law who is lucky
enough to live in ROA.  He has done quite a lot of day hiking but this
would be his first o/n.
	We headed north from route 311 under perfect weather and trail conditions.
 I was surprised by the relatively easy grades in this area as it always
seems that the trails is the Adirondacks go straight up the sides of the
mountains.  Met our first thru hikers, Godspeed and Layers, on McAfees
knob.  Enjoyed the time spent with them and we all hated to move on.
	As we made our way towards Tinker Cliffs, the sky started to turn ugly
with thunder in the distance and very black clouds. After passing through
Bricky's gap, we spotted an old barn though the trees.  We made a mad dash
for it and arrived just as all #*"*$ broke loose!  Perfect time for a nap
while enjoying the show, lots of hail, rain, thunder, and lightning  After
an hour we moved on making our way along the cliffs in a light rain.
	We arrived at Lambert's Meadow Shelter at about 5:00 and found 1/2 of
Papillon Duo and  her partner Ann there.  First thing they said was "Which
one of you has the upstate NY accent?"  I thought "I'm a foreigner here"!
They were on their second night out of a week trip and were forewarned of
our arrival by Godspeed and Layers.  Very much enjoyed their company.
	Up and on the trail at 6:30 next morning.  Another great section along the
ridge with super views down into a valley filled with fog so thick that
only an occasional steeple and hill top could be seen.  we dragged our feet
along all day so it wouldn't end too quickly.
	This perfect two day'r was topped off with pizza and beer at the pizza hut
and an evening in the hot tub while making plans and dreaming of future
adventures.  I just hope we are not SPOILED.  It just can't get much