[at-l] Waterfalls

Hey All -

The waterfall at Dennis Cove, Laurel Fork Falls, is pretty spectacular.
It's on the  AT near Hampton, TN.  I was just out there last Thursday.  I
was going to just wade through the creek where the bridges were washed out
by the January floods, but that proved unnecessary.  Someone did a great
job of putting in a relo along an old timber RR line on the ridge above the
portion of trail missing the bridges.  A couple of thru-hikers I met seemed
to think the owners of the Kincora hiking hostel had a lot to do with the
relo.  The Falls were awesome, as expected.

Note:  I just got off the phone with a friend who works with the Carter Co.
Rescue Squad.  She had a long night last night trying to find a lost hiker
at the falls.  Apparently the hiker, a visitor from Denmark with her
parents, went out for a hike near Dennis Cove, and didn't come back that
evening as expected.  She was found above Dennis Cove trail South of the
Cove and Falls on an exposed cliff on White Rocks Mtn.  She got the
attention of a search helicopter by flashing the flash on her camera.  I
guess it reinforces the need to always leave an itinerary so folks know
when to call for help.

Bryan
Mountain Dewer