RE: [at-l] Tick prevention

> What is a high dose of vitaman B? This is a serious question, I was once
> told that it is possible to OD on vitamens. Hopeful

High doses of Niacin are frequently prescribed for lowering chloresterol.
Before the newer, stronger drugs (xxxxstantin's) I was on 1000 mg a day. The
main side effect is a bit of flushing especially if you don't get the time
release versions. I have heard prescriptions as high as 1500-2000mg. I doubt
that one would have to go that high for the tick repellant effect (if there
is one). From my experience with Niacin I don't think it affected ticks on
me (unless it reduced it from 100 to 1 per outing).

Indeed some vitamins are quite toxic in large doses. Talk to your doctor
before taking any in large quantities. For example my bottle of Niacin says
one 250mg tablet per day.

Are vitamens for men and vitamins for womem?