Re: [at-l] "Light" food

Will O'Daix wrote:

> not to slam energy bars but with an emphasis on calories, wouldn't we be as
> well
> off to just eat 3.5 oz of raisins?  or some fig newtons?

Seems like the answer is yes, from a calorie perspective.  But I think
the bars have some nutrients that raisins alone don't.  I don't know
about fig newtons.  On shorter hikes (and for the carefully-fed distance
hiker) the nurtritional content probably doesn't matter except, of
course, the number of calories.  Yet I still find myself carrying the
energy bars and not the alternatives.  Not sure why.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...